Post written by Lea Mikkelsen, Early Childhood Coordinator.
Daily Discovery: Pitter and Patter Rain Cloud Craft
Follow along with FCMoD’s live stream Storytime in the Home: Pitter and Patter. Then gather your supplies to make your very own cloud! Think about what we learned from the story about the water cycle and how far a drop of rain can travel!
- A paper plate
- Watercolor paint or other coloring supplies
- String or yarn
- Place all your supplies on a clear surface with plenty of room to create.
- Cut your paper plate in half. Tip: Cut some bumps on top of one half to make a cloud shape and paint it
if you want!
- Paint or color the other half of the paper plate blue or whatever color you would like your raindrops to be. You can be creative! Then, let the wet paint dry.
- Cut raindrops out of the painted plate.
- Hang the raindrops from string and tape them to the cloud.
- Hang up your cloud for everyone to enjoy!
Want to download these directions? Click here for a handy PDF!
Follow along with our Daily Discovery! Click here for all activities that you can do at home.
Image credit: Redtedart.com
Educational opportunities like this are supported in part by Buell Foundation. Their support helps make access to early childhood education at FCMoD possible for everyone in our community.