The museum houses and cares for approximately 38,000 objects – only a small percentage of which are on display at any given time. Objects not on display are available for supervised, on-site research use by special appointment. Access to the FCMoD’s collections is available through The Fort Collins History Connection, an online collaboration between the Poudre River Public Library District and FCMoD. Those wishing to research any aspect of FCMoD’s collections can make an appointment with the Collections Curator, Linda Moore by calling or emailing her at 970-416-2784 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Prominent among the Museum’s collections are stone objects from the Folsom-era Lindenmeier site and Clovis cultural complex; locally focused historic clothing and textiles; and household and personal artifacts dating from the mid-19th century.
The Archive & Collections are open for walk-in visitors and by appointment Tuesday through Saturday from 10 am to 1 pm and by appointment only Tuesday through Friday from 2 pm to 4 pm.
- Appointments must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- Appointments are available in ½-hour increments.
- Researchers may be asked to wear gloves while handling archival materials. Cotton or disposable nitrile gloves will be provided.
- Clean pencils will be provided.
- The Archive will be thoroughly cleaned after each visit by a researcher.
How to Book an Appointment
Use the form below to view availability and book an appointment.
Call the Archive Reference Desk at 970-221-6688 and leave a message. Our staff will follow up with you as soon as possible to get your appointment scheduled.