Post written by Lea Mikkelsen, Early Childhood Coordinator.
Daily Discovery: Storytime in the Home – Going Around the Sun Solar System Craft
Follow along with FCMoD’s live stream Storytime in the Home: Going Around the Sun: Some Planetary Fun. Then gather your supplies to make your very own solar system art!
- Construction paper in a variety of colors
- Glue stick
- Glitter Glue
- Stickers, Pom Poms, Sequins, crayons, or other craft supplies
- Place all your supplies on a clear surface with plenty of room to work.
- Start with a dark piece of construction paper. Outer space is very dark, so we used black paper.
- Cut out some circles in various colors for planets! Can you remember how many planets there are? (8)
- What color is the sun? Cut out the sun from yellow or orange (or be creative with other colors)!
- Glue the planets in orbit around the sun!
- Try using glitter glue to decorate your planets, make moons, rings, or sparkly stars, or glue other fun decorations to your solar system. Be creative!
- Share your creations with us on Instagram or Facebook! Use #dailydiscovery or tag us to share!
Want to download these directions? Click here for a handy PDF!
Follow along with our Daily Discovery! Click here for all activities that you can do at home.
Educational opportunities like this are supported in part by Buell Foundation. Their support helps make access to early childhood education at FCMoD possible for everyone in our community.