We are just finishing up our inaugural year of FCMoD Squad. For the past nine months, FCMoD Squad members worked with our FCMoD Squad Leadership Team to get involved in the music community.
We are starting our second year this summer, and we’d love for individuals between 15 and 19 years old to consider taking part.
If you love music, and want skills in leadership, public speaking, and collaborating with like-minded folks, fill out our application up until July 11. Jam sessions are highly encouraged.
Read on to learn more about FCMoD Squad.
So, what is FCMoD Squad?
One of the best things in town. Really.
The FCMoD Squad is a youth advisory board consisting of individuals from across the Front Range. The FCMoD Squad ranges in ages from 15-19 and meets twice a month at the museum for a 9 month period. In that time, they actively engage the community in a variety of ways, including reviewing and judging entries for local music competitions and events, touring world class studios, participating in college level presentations and discussions, emceeing stages at concerts, and much more.
The purpose of FCMoD Squad is to provide hands on experience and education pertaining to the local music community as well as represent the voice and influence of our emerging youth.
Who are the FCMod Squad?
The FCMoD Squad are individuals between the ages of 15 and 19 who are interested in becoming more involved within Fort Collins Museum of Discovery and their community. By participating in FCMoD Squad, you are dedicated, open to learn, and participate fairly. Most of all, you are open to positive new experiences to learn from and pass on.
FCMoD Squad members will:
- Actively provide insight into current and future museum exhibits, programs, and events
- Participate in outings with other community groups and organizations
- Work behind the scenes in music events such as Sonic Spotlight and FoCoMX
- Members will serve a total of nine months from August to April, with a maximum of two terms
Responsibilities of a FCMoD Squad Member:
- You’ll attend meetings twice monthly from 6 – 8 p.m. at Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
- You’ll work on monthly activities guided by our FCMoD Squad Leadership Team
- You’ll actively engage and contribute in meetings and activities
- You’ll embody Fort Collins Museum of Discovery’s Mission and Vision
- Mission: The museum creates meaningful opportunities to learn, reflect, and have fun through hands-on and collections-based explorations in science and culture
- Vision: To inspire inquisitive thinkers and encourage responsible stewardship of the future
How do I apply?
Go right here.
Email Nick Duarte our Senior Manager, Museum Engagement.
Thank you for considering FCMoD Squad.
We can’t wait to get started.Continue Reading