Post written by Lea Mikkelsen, Early Childhood Coordinator.
Daily Discovery: Storytime in the Home – If You Love Honey Bee Headband Craft
Follow along with FCMoD’s live stream Storytime in the Home: If You Love Honey: Nature’s Connections. Then gather all your supplies to create this adorable honeybee headband. Buzz Buzz!
- Yellow and Black craft paper
- Pipe cleaners
- Hole punch
- Place all your supplies on a clear surface with plenty of room to create.
- Cut a long strip of yellow craft paper.
- Cut a second strip of black craft paper and cut that into small bee stripes.
- Glue the black bee stripes to the yellow strip of craft paper leaving some yellow bits in between.
- Punch a hole in the ends of the strip and thread the yarn through to use as a tie.
- Curl one end of each pipe cleaner to make a small ball.
- Tape the pipe cleaners to the inside of the headband where you want each antenna to go.
- Tie your headband on and do a honeybee dance! BUZZZZZzzzz!