Post written by Eisen Tamkun, Music Education Lead.
Daily Discovery: Make Your Own Maraca!
Shake shake shake, shake it! Create your very own maraca using household items!
- Tape – any kind will do (the more colorful the better)!
- Spoons – disposable work best
- Filler – rice, beans, or dried corn
- Plastic Easter Egg
- Gather all the supplies.
- Start by insertion your filler in the egg. Only fill it half way so there is plenty of room for it to rattle around.
- Tape the spoon handles together keeping the bowls of each spoon facing each other.
- Secure the egg between the two spoons with some tape.
- Lastly, continue wrapping up and around the entire egg
Now that you’ve made your very own maraca, try rocking out to some of your favorite songs! Shake your maraca along to the rhythm!