Post written by Lea Mikkelsen, Early Childhood Coordinator.
Daily Discovery: Cardboard Box Creations
Have you ever wondered what a box could become? Follow along with Rabbit in the story Not a Box by Antoinette Portis, to imagine all the things a box can become!
Then create and take your own amazing box on an adventure at home!
- A cardboard box
- Hole punch
- Markers, paint, stickers
- Metal brads, paper clips, clothespins
- Loose parts such as: lids and bottle caps, sticks and leaves, beads, buttons, pipe cleaners, string, cardboard tubes, recyclables, any old junk around the house!
- Place all your supplies on a clear surface with plenty of room to create.
- Brainstorm some ideas for what your box could become. Tip: try drawing your idea on a piece of paper!
- Build and create with all your loose materials. Use your imagination!
- Ask an adult for help with cutting or attaching things to your box if you need it.
Want to download these directions? Click here for a handy PDF!
Follow along with our Daily Discovery! Click here for all activities that you can do at home.
Image credit: parenting.firstcry.com