Mindful Mondays: Understanding and Expressing Emotions
This activity is recommended for ages 3-7.
Happiness, fear, frustration… let’s get to know our emotions! Make your own paper plate emotion face and see how our faces help convey how we are feeling.
- Paper plate
- Construction paper, all colors
- 6 brass fasteners
- Take a paper plate to use as your face. Use the crayons to color the plate however you like!
- Using construction paper, cut out eyes, eyebrows, a nose and a mouth for your face. If you need a guide, use a pencil to draw the shapes before you cut them out.
- Use 6 brass fasteners to attach the facial features to your plate.
- Try it out! Move the facial features to create different emotions. Ask another per-son to guess what the face is expressing, or challenge another person to create that expression.
Each mind matters. Taking care of our mental health is important to all of us – everywhere and always. Learn more by visiting FCMoD’s special exhibition Mental Health: Mind Matters, open through January 10th.