Post written by Lea Mikkelsen, Early Childhood Coordinator.
Daily Discovery: Storytime in the Home – A Moon of My Own Paper Craft
Follow along with FCMoD’s live stream Storytime in the Home: A Moon of My Own. Then gather your supplies to make a beautiful nighttime scene!
- Black, Blue, and White Construction paper
- Glue stick
- Black Crayon
- Place all your supplies on a clear surface with plenty of room to work.
- Use your black crayon to draw a moon shape. What phase is your moon in? Is it a full moon, half moon, or crescent moon? Can you draw some craters?
- Glue your moon onto your blue construction paper.
- Cut out a nighttime scene with the black construction paper! Can you think of a time you played outside at night? What did you see? Buildings, trees, mountains? What will your nighttime scene be?
- Share your creations with us on social media using #dailydiscovery or tagging us! We can’t wait to see the moon you made!
Want to download these directions? Click here for a handy PDF!
Follow along with our Daily Discovery! Click here for all activities that you can do at home.
Educational opportunities like this are supported in part by Buell Foundation. Their support helps make access to early childhood education at FCMoD possible for everyone in our community.