Post written by Lea Mikkelsen, Early Childhood Coordinator.
Daily Discovery: Storytime in the Home – Daytime Nighttime Diorama
Follow along with FCMoD’s live stream Storytime in the Home – Daytime Nighttime: All Through the Year. Then gather your supplies to make a nature diorama!
- Cardboard Box
- Construction Paper
o Daytime Paper (light blue and yellow for the sun)
o Nighttime Paper (dark blue and white for the moon)
- Rocks, sticks, moss, pine cones
- Air dry clay
- Animal coloring page
- Place all your supplies on a clear surface with plenty of room to work.
- Choose whether you want to make a Daytime or a Nighttime animal diorama.
- Use the Daytime or Nightime paper to make your sky and sun or moon.
- Color and cut out your animal. Glue a paper tab to the back of your animal to make it easier to stand up inside the diorama (like a tripod).
- Fill your scene with clay, rocks, moss, and sticks. Be creative! You can add any supplies you want to this!
- Share your creations with us using #dailydiscovery on social media! We love to see what you are making!
Image Credit: Taiga biome diorama – via Pinterest
Want to download these directions? Click here for a handy PDF!
Follow along with our Daily Discovery! Click here for all activities that you can do at home.
Educational opportunities like this are supported in part by Buell Foundation. Their support helps make access to early childhood education at FCMoD possible for everyone in our community.