Post written by Harlie Jo Rachel, Education Intern.
Daily Discovery: Storytime in the Home – Baby on Board Sloth Craft
Follow along with FCMoD’s live stream Storytime in the Home: Baby on Board. Then sit down with your family and make a sweet Mother’s Day gift, or just a great card to give to someone very special.
- Brown and Green Construction Paper or any white paper
- Glue stick
- Optional: Printer to print the sloth face coloring sheet
- Place all your supplies on a clear surface with plenty of room to create.
- Fold a piece of brown construction paper in half hamburger style. Tip: use any paper you have and color it!
- Put your hand with your palm on the creased side of the paper and trace it with a pencil.
- Using the scissors, cut out the handprint. You should have two hands joining at the crease!
- Color the handprint to look like a sloth.
- Print, color and cut out the sloth face! (Or you can draw your own sloth face)
- Glue the sloth face to the thumb on the front of your folded handprint card.
- Cut out a branch and leaves from the paper. Glue the leaves onto the branch.
- Glue the leafy branch to the sloth’s arms so it has a tree to hang from. Be sure you only glue it to one side your handprint so the card can open!
- Write a message on the inside of the card and give it to someone you love!