Post written by Lea Mikkelsen, Early Childhood Coordinator.
Daily Discovery: Tall Tall Tree Craft
Did you ever wish you could live in a tree? Many different animals live in and around trees. Can you look out your window and spot them? How many can you name?
Some of the most amazing trees are called Redwoods. They can grow to incredible heights; one is taller than the Statue of Liberty! Here is a wonderful video of a redwood forest so you can see these trees from home.
Here is a fun craft to make your very own tall tree at home!
- A stick with skinny “branches”
- A paper plat (or piece of cardboard)
- Decorations: beads, yarn, pom poms, glitter glue, paint, leaves, or whatever you find in your home!
- Place all your supplies on a clear surface with plenty of room to create.
- Mold the clay around the base of your stick to hold your “tree” upright on the plate.
- Decorate with all your craft materials. Be creative!
- Share your creation with us on social media using #dailydiscovery
Want to download these directions? Click here for a handy PDF!
Follow along with our Daily Discovery! Click here for all activities that you can do at home.
Educational opportunities like this are supported in part by Buell Foundation. Their support helps make access to early childhood education at FCMoD possible for everyone in our community.