Mindful Mondays: DIY Fidget
A fidget is an object that can be fiddled with to expend some energy and help the brain focus on the task at hand! Make your own to help you remain calm in stressful situations, or to help you focus when doing homework or another task!
- Craft stick or popsicle stick
- Chenille stem (any color)
- 6-8 pony beads
- Painters tape or washi tape
- String the beads on to the chenille stem.
- Lay the stem on the craft stick and bend the ends of the stem around the ends of the stick.
- Use a piece of tape to attached the chenille stem to the craft stick. Make sure your tape covers the ends of the chenille stem so they don’t poke anyone!
- Keep your fidget handy, and use it to keep calm or maintain focus!
Each mind matters. Taking care of our mental health is important to all of us – everywhere and always. Learn more by visiting FCMoD’s special exhibition Mental Health: Mind Matters, open through January 10th.