Post written by Lea Mikkelsen, Early Childhood Coordinator.
Daily Discovery: Storytime in the Home – Over in a River Greeting Card Craft
Follow along with FCMoD’s live stream Storytime in the Home: Over in a River – Flowing Out to the Sea. Then gather your supplies to make a lovely river scene greeting card to send to friends or family!
- Construction paper in a variety of colors
- Glue stick
- Place all your supplies on a clear surface with plenty of room to work.
- Fold a piece of paper in half hamburger style to create a folded card.
- Choose a colored sheet of construction paper to be your sky. Tear a strip of paper and glue it down to the top of the card (the folded edge).
- Choose a new color paper and tear a wavy strip to create a mountain scene. Glue this one layered on top of the sky.
- Choose a new color paper for the river and tear a wavy strip. Glue this one layered on top of the mountains and down to the bottom edge of the card.
- Cut out some simple fish shapes and glue them down in the river. Are they salmon swimming upstream to lay their eggs?
- Cut a sun or moon for your sky if you want to. There are plenty of ways to be creative with this card!
- Write a kind note to a friend or family member and send it to them. Cards are a wonderful way to show how much you care.
- Share your creations with us using #dailydiscovery on social media! We love to see what you are making!
BONUS: Here are some counting cards that relate to Over in a River.
Want to download these directions? Click here for a handy PDF!
Follow along with our Daily Discovery! Click here for all activities that you can do at home.
Educational opportunities like this are supported in part by Buell Foundation. Their support helps make access to early childhood education at FCMoD possible for everyone in our community.