Post written by Eisen Tamkun, Music Education Lead.
Daily Discovery: Make your own Bee Buzzer!
BZZZZZZZZZ! The bees are coming! Make your very own bee buzzer and rock out with these amazing pollinators.
- Popsicle Stick
- Tape- any will do!
- Index Card
- Eraser Heads
- Rubber Band
- About two feet of string
- Color Pencils or Markers
- Take the index card and cut it into a square.
- Break out the color pencils and draw a bee on the index card.
- Once you’ve drawn your sweet honey bee, go ahead a staple
the card to the popsicle stick.
- Next, tie and tape the string to the stick.
- Place the eraser heads on each end of the stick.
- Lastly, stretch the rubber band over each eraser.
- Voilà you have created your very own bee buzzer.
Take a firm grip of the string at about half way. Start swinging
building up speed until you hear you bee abuzzing.
Want to download these directions? Click here for a handy PDF!
Follow along with our Daily Discovery! Click here for all activities that you can do at home.
Educational opportunities like this are supported in part by Bohemian.