Local History Mysteries
Age: Grades 2-8
Program Length: 60 minutes
Cost: $6 per student / $4 per qualifying free/reduced lunch student
Group Size: Up to 30 students may participate. Chaperones are expected to attend to observe and help supervise.
History is full of mysteries, and now it’s time to solve your own! Based on FCMoD’s exhibits, you’ll use local primary sources to uncover the truth about real-life artifacts. Your interpretation and puzzle solving skills will be put to the test!
21st Century Skills Addressed:
- Information Literacy
- Visual Literacy
- Communication and Collaboration
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
Colorado Academic Standards Addressed:
- History Standard #1:Use a variety of sources to distinguish historical fact from fiction.
- History Standard #2:People in the past influenced the development and interaction of different communities and regions.
- Reading, Writing, Communicating #1.2: Successful group activities need the cooperation of everyone.
- Reading, Writing, Communicating #4.2: Inferences and points of view exist.
- History Standard #2: The historical eras, individuals, groups, ideas and themes in Colorado history and their relationships to key events in the United States.
- Reading, Writing, Communicating #2.2: Comprehension and fluency matter when reading informational and persuasive texts in a fluent way.
- History Standard #1.1: Analyze historical sources from multiple points of view to develop an understanding of historical context.
- Reading, Writing, Communicating #2.2: Ideas found in a variety of informational texts need to be compared and understood.
- Reading, Writing, Communicating #4.1: High-quality research requires information that is organized and presented with documentation.
- History Standard #1.1: Analyze and interpret historical sources to ask and research historical questions.
- Reading, Writing, Communicating #1.1: Successful group discussions require planning and participation by all.
- Reading, Writing, Communicating #4.1: Individual and group research projects require obtaining information on a topic from a variety of sources and organizing it for presentation.
Request a Reservation! Download Classroom Activities